Thursday, August 11, 2011

What engines could be swapped with 1999 Pontiac Grand Am for more speed and AWD? READ DETAILS BEFORE ANSWERING?

i'm looking to do an engine swap to gain more horsepower/speed. i'm a bit new with doing work on cars, tuning cars, and a bit of racing cars. i'm looking to take my all stock 1999 Pontiac Grand Am se and put a stronger/faster engine in it. my thoughts are for something where i could switch to AWD. the Subaru Impreza WRX STI engine and transmission comes to mind first for me. i'm looking to drag or street race my car. any ideas/recommendations/advice/etc.for a high top speed/acceleration would be greatly appreciated. i know Grand Am's aren't exactly a "top dog" in the racing/tuning world, but i'm looking for mine to set a new standard with mine. OTHER NOTES/IDEAS: i have removed my backseats as a start towards reducing weight. swap out exhaust with a 1999 Grand Am GT for the 4 pipes instead of 2. add a Flowmaster 80 or Borla(i need to research it more) exhaust kit. then with whatever engine i end up getting to replace my current one, adding a twin turbo/supercharger/turbo(whatever fits). lowering the suspension. new higher performance brakes. I have already been told that i would need a new "chip" (ECU) for the new engine along with new gages to keep up with the new gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment